For more info:
Louis M. Lopez
Sensei Alvin T. Reagan
Alvin T. Reagan studied judo and hapkido with Sensei Lee H. Park while at Southeast Missouri State University (1975-1976), and continued with Sensei Dennis Helm at Southern Illinois University (1977-1978), achieving the rank of Nikyu. In pursuing a career, he moved to areas that did not have a judo dojo nearby.
In 1997, he resumed his study with the Sensei Jack Farrell of the Stockton judo club, along with his oldest son, and, in January 2001, was awarded Shodan. While with the Stockton Judo Club, he served as assistant instructor and coach, completing a refereeing clinic (February 2001) and a D level coaching program (September 2002) offered through the Daihaegen Yudanshakai.
He was promoted to Nidan in March 2004 and promoted to Sandan by Sensei Lopez in May of 2006.
- September 1975 through December 1976 –Southeast Missouri State University, Cape Girardeau, Missouri - instructor Lee H. Park, godan (5th degree black belt) – rank achieved – yonkyu (green belt)
- January 1977 through December 1978 – Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois – instructor Dennis Helm, yokan – rank achieved – nikyu (2nd degree brown belt)
- August 1996 through December 2004 – Stockton Judo Club, Stockton, CA – head instructor Jack Ferrell, rokudan (6th degree black belt) - ranks achieved – shodan (1st degree black belt) – January 2, 2001), nidan (2nd degree black belt) – March 4, 2004
- Assistant instructor for satellite Manteca Judo Club in Manteca, CA, working primarily with children ages 8 through 18.
- Daiheigen Judo Yudanshakai clinics attended:
- Refereeing Clinic
- Coaching Clinic
- Nage No Kata Clinic
- September 2005 through July 2009, September 2015 through present - Assistant Instructor – Lopez Judo Academy, LLC – head instructor Louis Lopez, rokudan (6th degree black belt) – ranch achieved – sandan (3rd degree black belt) – March 8, 2004
©2016 Lopez Judo Academy. All Rights Reserved.